HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT STAIRLIFT FOR YOU
At the touch of a button and a few clicks on the keyboard, you could be looking at dozens of different stairlifts for seniors with a variety of options to choose from. The selection can be overwhelming to the point where all you want is something that moves you from point A to point B.
Don’t panic! Sansbury Medical is here to help you navigate the complex world of stairlifts for seniors. Read on for our guide on how to choose a stairlift that’s right for you.
WHAT TO CONSIDER IN A STAIRLIFT
- Your stairs. What kind of stairs do you have? Are your stairs curved or straight? Both? This simple fact will narrow down your options considerably. Unless your stairwell is completely straight, you’ll need a stairlift that navigates curved stairs. Ideally, you choose one stairlift and not two for different kinds of stairwells if you have a landing. This is a safety hazard we want to avoid, especially in the dark.
- The seat. Let’s make this simple as well: do you want one that swivels or one that doesn’t? This is more of a personal preference than anything else.
- Does the stairlift fit your body? Treat the purchase of a stairlift for seniors like you would a new car: don’t get caught up in the look of the stairlift. Go for practicality. After all, this is something you need to move around your home and, yes, you and others have to stare at it, but in the end all that matters is that it does the job it’s made for. And don’t forget to check the weight capacity.
- Read reviews. Once you narrow down your stairlifts, go online and do your due diligence and research the brands, the reviews, any recalls, the safety features, and the warranty information. We here at Sansbury Medical believe we make the best stairlift for seniors, and we back it up with being transparent in all that we do.
- Sansbury Medical offers up many options for you as well so you can customize your stairlift chair. This is a big purchase and you want to be happy with it. We offer a hinged track, which solves the problem of a staircase being too close to a doorway. We offer a slide track that moves with you to the top and the bottom. Equipped with safety features, this is a very popular option we offer our customers. We also offer a safety harness, a swivel function, and an easy-fold mechanism option for your stairlift, all of which is explained more on our website.
- The company can be more important than the product. A reputable stairlift company will provide the whole shebang: installation service, repairs, servicing, rentals (or at least have a good referral), warranties, removals, and re-locating and re-fitting services. This is a big investment, and you don’t want the hassle if something goes wrong.
We at Sansbury Medical Stairlifts believe we are the stairlift experts and are a full-service stairlift company. We believe our stairlifts are the best, and our customer care team is the best in the business. We serve the Staten Island area and would love to answer all of your questions about our products and services. Contact us today!